Thursday 12 April 2018

The Jungle Book

Hello again!

Today I´m going to tell you about an audio project. Projects are a great tool in order to work on different areas at the same time. Students can forget about traditional teaching to focus on group work and new methodologies to learn new contents. 

There are lots of ways to work on projects, and this time I have decided to start it by using podcasts. Podcasts are pieces of audio which we can share wherever we want to. 

First of all, you have to create an account in a web page where you can upload your podcasts. I have used SoundCloud to do it. After creating your account, you have to select a device in order to record your audio. This web page is really useful in order to create your playlist and to share your audios with other people. However, It does not allow you to record yourself. I have used my own mobile phone to record the audio. 
Then you add it to your play list and that is all! Really easy to use! I have never thought before about using these kind of resources within the classroom. But now I have tried it, I think it is very motivating for the students and it is an original way to work and to engage the students. 

Regarding my project, It is related to animals. We are going to work on different aspects related to them such as their reproduction, food habits, and descriptions related to their physical appearance.  I have encouraged my little ones by telling them a riddle in which they have to guess which animal it is. 

The students will work autonomously by recording their own audios using different devices they have available (their computers, mobile phones, tablets, etc.)and as a final work of the project we will create a class Jungle book. 

So, now, why don´t you have a look to my project?
Here you have my project: 

Here you have my audio channel: 


Here you will find my playlist: 

And finally, here you have my welcome audio: 

See you, bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment