Monday 19 March 2018

I will eat you again!

Hello again! 

This time I would like to share with you an infographic I have created in order to help my students to understand the concept of a food chain. 

I have used a tool called Piktochart . I really liked it because I think infographics are really useful for my students to have a global idea about a concept. Moreover, by printing them you can hold them around the classroom so that the students can see everyday the things they are working on. 

With this one my students will be able to see what a food chain is, how it works and what are its main elements. Apart from that, I have included a video in which they can see in depth what the topic is about. 

What about Piktochart? Well, In my opinion it is very useful and easy to use. First of all you have to create your own account. After that you can start designing your infographic. On the left you will find a menu in which you can select the different options such as graphics (shapes, lines, photos...), uploads (where you can keep your own photos), backgrounds (the different images and colours you are going to use), text (in order to adapt the kind of letter you are going to use, I specially liked this part because there were lots of options available) and finally the tools ( videos, charts and maps). And I suppose that is all! It is very intuitive, really. And when you finish you can share it with all the community! 

One more time and beacause of the fact that I am currently working with the little ones of the school, I think this tool is very complicated for them. But with older students it will be perfect, not only to create materials for them but also for them to create their own materials. 

Sincerely, I have not heard about infographics before, but now that I know them, I think they are a wonderful resource to be used in my class for the students to have clear ideas about my subject. 

I´ll come back! See you. 


Loading...

Loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment